Doctor insights on:
Can You Drive After Colonoscopy
Ask your physician: The time period that you should not drive, operate heavy machinery, or make major decisions would depend on the medications that you were given for your procedure. Some anesthetic drugs have a very short half life and could have you back behind the wheel in a few hours, while others are quite long acting and it would be best to wait until the next day. Discuss your situation with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Why do I have to have somebody with me when I have a colonoscopy done? I am having a colonoscopy done this tuesday. And it tells me i need to have somebody with me. What happens if i cannot find anyone to go with me? I do not drive and will be taking a ca
The : The reason for having someone with you is that you will be getting sedation for your procedure and it would not be safe for you to drive afterwards. Most facilities also ask that you not take a cab or bus after sedation, though it can be argued that this might be overly cautious. You should contact the facility you're going to, explain that you plan to take a cab, and ask if that would be okay. They may ask you to sign a waiver of liability, but will probably be willing to go forward. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Have routine colonoscopy without sedation scheduled. I have to drive afterwards. Can i still have a pain medication for procedure? What could it be?
Let things happen: Allow nature takes its course.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after a colonoscopy can you drive?
- Can you drink alcohol after a colonoscopy?
- How long until you can drive after a hysterectomy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon after a colonoscopy can you eat regular meals?
- How long can you get an infection after colonoscopy?
- When can you return to work after a colonoscopy
- What can you eat after an colonoscopy?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free