Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol With Bactrim
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Alcohol and: Medications don't mix, so I would wait until your course of medicine is finished. ...Read more
Just took last dose of Bactrim 1hour ago, i know it's never recommended to drink alcohol, but honestly, will I get sick if I drink later tonight?
Alcohol and Bactrim: Please refer to Dr. Georgia Latham's response. ...Read more
How long after taking my last Bactrim is it safe to drink alcohol? How long after last dose does it stay in your system?
50 hours: The half-life of Bactrim is about 10 hours. A drug should be completely out of your system after 5 half-lives; therefore, Bactrim should be out of your system within 50 hours or just over a day. Alcohol can interact with Bactrim and cause some unpleasant side effects such including: fast heartbeats, warmth or redness under your skin, tingly feeling, nausea, and vomiting. ...Read more
I was prescribed Bactrim DS for acne which I started taking a few days ago. Can I still drink alcohol? There are a lot of conflicting answers.
Sulfa and ETOH: This should not be a major issue. You can drink moderately without fear of interaction. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol with a dry socket?
- Can you drink alcohol with a kidney infection?
- Can you drink alcohol with nitrofurantoin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol with cefuroxime?
- Can you drink alcohol with atenolol?
- Can you drink alcohol with aleve?
- Can you drink alcohol with braces?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online