Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol With Bactrim
No: You will get nausea, vomiting, heart palpatations, difficulty breathing, flushing, dehydration, dizziness, fatigue and headaches. You should avoid all alcohol even mouthwash with alcohol. Bactrim interferes with the liver breaking down alcohol. Not a good thing to do. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
How long after taking my last Bactrim is it safe to drink alcohol? How long after last dose does it stay in your system?
50 hours: The half-life of Bactrim is about 10 hours. A drug should be completely out of your system after 5 half-lives; therefore, Bactrim should be out of your system within 50 hours or just over a day. Alcohol can interact with Bactrim and cause some unpleasant side effects such including: fast heartbeats, warmth or redness under your skin, tingly feeling, nausea, and vomiting. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I was prescribed Bactrim DS for acne which I started taking a few days ago. Can I still drink alcohol? There are a lot of conflicting answers.
Antibiotics/ETOH: Those taking Bactrim should'nt drink alcohol during treatment. This includes alcoholic beverages, cough meds and mouthwash containing alcohol because alcohol can intensify the negative side effects of bactrim. If you are off the meds for a day it should be ok. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol with a dry socket?
- Can you drink alcohol with a kidney infection?
- Can you drink alcohol with nitrofurantoin?
- Can you drink alcohol with strep throat?
- Can you drink alcohol with cefuroxime?
- Can you drink alcohol with atenolol?
- Can you drink alcohol with aleve?
- Can you drink alcohol with braces?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online