Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol While Taking Zinnat
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Yes, but don't: There is no absolute contraindication to drinking alcohol when on Erythromycin but there are 2 good reasons for not doing so (1) both Erythromycin & alcohol may cause gastrointestinal upset; the combination is very likely to do so (2) when you are the sick, the reason for taking Erythromycin after all, your body fights illness better without alcohol, tobacco or illicit drugs in your system. ...Read more
No: Taking alcohol is never good for you and taking it while you are on medication is doubly bad. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not a good idea: While not a direct interaction with the keflex, alcohol will slow the healing process. An antibiotic is taken to hold a "bug" (micro-organism) in check while your body's defenses can fight it off. Alcohol supresses your body's defenses- so therefore the healing is slowed and you may not acheive total eradication of the bug! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol while taking ativan?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking klonopin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking sulfamethoxazole?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol while taking flagyl?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking nitrofurantoin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking advil?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking benadryl?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking letrozole?