Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol While Taking Valtrex
Not wise,,,: Although there's no noted contraindication to doing this, it's generally not a good idea to drink alcohol with any drug, especially large amounts of alcohol that can affect the metabolism and concentration of that drug, and increase side effects. Having said that, it's unlikely that a glass of wine or small amount of alcohol would be significant, unless it is a major contraindication for the drug ...Read more
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Yes, in moderation: There are no contraindications to drinking alcohol while taking valacyclovir for oral herpes. Contraindications/cautions include: hypersens to drug/class/compon, caution if immunocompormised, advanced hiv, renal impairment, concurrent nephrotoxic agents, elderly, if dehydrated. Getting drunk may not be safe to yourself and/or to others, however. That's why i suggest drinking in "moderation". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol while on valtrex?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking letrozole?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking ibuprofen?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol while taking klonopin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking zinnat?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking sulfamethoxazole?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking aleve?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free