Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol While Taking Prednisolone
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Probably Should Not: There is no “official” recommendation on this. Both of these medications can irritate the stomach and can lower the immune system. It is believed that taking both together may case side effects that were not there previously. Prednisone is a powerful medication and it is advisable that you avoid alcohol while taking this medication. ...Read more
Yes, but don't: There is no absolute contraindication to drinking alcohol when on Erythromycin but there are 2 good reasons for not doing so (1) both Erythromycin & alcohol may cause gastrointestinal upset; the combination is very likely to do so (2) when you are the sick, the reason for taking Erythromycin after all, your body fights illness better without alcohol, tobacco or illicit drugs in your system. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol while taking ibuprofen?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking ativan?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking klonopin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol while taking sulfamethoxazole?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking aleve?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking flagyl?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking nitrofurantoin?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free