Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol While Taking Lopressor
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Not recommended: Using st. John's wort together with alcohol can increase nervous system side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol. Don't risk hurting yourself, or others. Good health! ...Read more
Don't know, but...: Since there are no double-blind, randomized control trials to answer this question, can't tell you for sure. However, the question that I have is - since antibiotics are usually given only for a few days, if you don't feel like you can safely refrain from drinking alcohol for even that period, might you be struggling with an alcohol problem. Please discuss this with your doctor asap. ...Read more
Not a good idea: Nyquil itself contains about 20% alcohol, but more importantly excessive alcohol is bad for the immune system, and itself makes many cold symptoms (particularly nasal stuffiness) worse. Adding additional alcohol to nyquil increases the chance of intoxication, which aside from being illegal at your age, is dangerous, particularly behind the wheel of a car or anything similar. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol while taking letrozole?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking ibuprofen?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking ativan?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol while taking zinnat?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking sulfamethoxazole?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking aleve?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking flagyl?
- Talk to a cardiologist online