Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol While Taking Lexapro
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Yes, but don't: There is no absolute contraindication to drinking alcohol when on Erythromycin but there are 2 good reasons for not doing so (1) both Erythromycin & alcohol may cause gastrointestinal upset; the combination is very likely to do so (2) when you are the sick, the reason for taking Erythromycin after all, your body fights illness better without alcohol, tobacco or illicit drugs in your system. ...Read more
Be Careful: Even moderate alcohol use can be associated with depression. Although there is no contraindication to an occasional drink, i would advise to be very careful with alcohol if you're being treated for depression. Also there can be a link between depression and the development of addictive behavior. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not a good idea: Nyquil itself contains about 20% alcohol, but more importantly excessive alcohol is bad for the immune system, and itself makes many cold symptoms (particularly nasal stuffiness) worse. Adding additional alcohol to nyquil increases the chance of intoxication, which aside from being illegal at your age, is dangerous, particularly behind the wheel of a car or anything similar. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink while taking lexapro?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking letrozole?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking ibuprofen?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol while taking klonopin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking zinnat?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking sulfamethoxazole?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking aleve?
- Talk to a psychologist online for free