Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol While Taking Clomid
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Yes, but don't: There is no absolute contraindication to drinking alcohol when on Erythromycin but there are 2 good reasons for not doing so (1) both Erythromycin & alcohol may cause gastrointestinal upset; the combination is very likely to do so (2) when you are the sick, the reason for taking Erythromycin after all, your body fights illness better without alcohol, tobacco or illicit drugs in your system. ...Read more
Yes, but…: Never a good idea to drink when taking potent medications. Always best to take meds with full glass of water. No significant interactions r listed between alcohol (ethanol) & acyclovir. If u r taking other meds or supplements, however, there is potential for interactions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Why are you on it?: If you are on the medication to assist in getting pregnant, then alcohol is not your friend. If you are talking about one or two beers on an occasion, it shouldn't make any difference. If you are talking a six-pack a day (or any regular use), alcohol impairs ovulation as well as the maturation of follicles. If it is being used in the setting of breast cancer prevention, alcohol is also not good. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink while taking clomid?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking letrozole?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking ibuprofen?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol while taking klonopin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking zinnat?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking sulfamethoxazole?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking aleve?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online