Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol While Taking Clindamycin
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Yes, but don't: There is no absolute contraindication to drinking alcohol when on Erythromycin but there are 2 good reasons for not doing so (1) both Erythromycin & alcohol may cause gastrointestinal upset; the combination is very likely to do so (2) when you are the sick, the reason for taking Erythromycin after all, your body fights illness better without alcohol, tobacco or illicit drugs in your system. ...Read more
Part of the lincoside family . It has good gram positive an anaerobic coverage, but its association with the development of clostridium difficile infection has limited its use. It is used in certain drug allergy situations where staph, strep, pneumococcal, and anaerobic organisms. Its use in MRSA infections is spotty. It is a bacteriostatic drug that works ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i drink alcohol while taking clindamycin?
- Can you drink alchohol while taking clindamycin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking letrozole?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol while taking ativan?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking klonopin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking zinnat?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking sulfamethoxazole?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online