Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol While Taking Cephalexin
Shouldn't: All antibiotics in the "beta-lactam" group that includes pennicillin, amoxicillin, Ampicillin and the cephlosporins like Cephalexin are excreted(peed out) more rapidly after alcohol-thus lessening their effective time in your body. ...Read more
Not a good idea: While not a direct interaction with the keflex, alcohol will slow the healing process. An antibiotic is taken to hold a "bug" (micro-organism) in check while your body's defenses can fight it off. Alcohol supresses your body's defenses- so therefore the healing is slowed and you may not acheive total eradication of the bug! ...Read more
Be safe-48hours: After the full course-48 hours should be fine. In Moderation of course, do not drink too much, be safe. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can I drink alcohol if im taking my last pill of cephalexin at friday 8 am and im going to be drinking at saturday 9 pm?
Yes: You can drink, with moderation. ...Read more
Probably: Cephalexin is not typically one of the antibiotics that we see a bad reaction with when taken in conjunction with alcohol ingestion. You will probably be ok but as always, drink in moderation no matter what you're taking. The only thing I can think of to be careful of is if the Cephalexin gives you a side effect of feeling dizzy, alcohol may exacerbate this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hi, I just recently started cephalexin for a minor infection. Can I drink alcohol tonight? Many online sources say there's no negative interaction
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol while taking penicillin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking doxycycline?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking clindamycin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking methylprednisolone?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking azithromycin for chlamydia?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking amoxicillin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking valtrex?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking prednisone?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online for free