Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol While Taking Cephalexin
Shouldn't: All antibiotics in the "beta-lactam" group that includes pennicillin, amoxicillin, Ampicillin and the cephlosporins like Cephalexin are excreted(peed out) more rapidly after alcohol-thus lessening their effective time in your body. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Not a good idea: While not a direct interaction with the keflex, alcohol will slow the healing process. An antibiotic is taken to hold a "bug" (micro-organism) in check while your body's defenses can fight it off. Alcohol supresses your body's defenses- so therefore the healing is slowed and you may not acheive total eradication of the bug! ...Read moreGet help now ›
Be safe-48hours: After the full course-48 hours should be fine. In Moderation of course, do not drink too much, be safe. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Can I drink alcohol if im taking my last pill of cephalexin at friday 8 am and im going to be drinking at saturday 9 pm?
Yes: You can drink, with moderation. ...Read moreGet help now ›
If i've just started taking cephalexin for a minor skin condition and a small case of tonsillitis, would i be able to drink alcohol in 5days from now?
Yes you can drink: Yes you will be able to drink alcohol in 5 days as long as you don't drink in excess.While vitc is not going to be much help it will not cause any problem and can be safely continued with the antibiotics you are taking. ...Read moreGet help now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol while taking penicillin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking doxycycline?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking clindamycin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking methylprednisolone?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking azithromycin for chlamydia?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking amoxicillin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking valtrex?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking prednisone?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online for free