Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol While Taking Cephalexin
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
If a person does drink alcohol while taking keflex, do they have to restart the entire keflex regimen or can they just take one extra day of the antib?
Neither: Alcohol is toxic to living tissues (we humans happen to be a complex glob of living tissues), so avoid drinking too much. Also, an infected person doesn't need any additional, voluntary toxins in the body. However, alcohol does not have a direct relationship to how many Keflex capsules one needs to take. That would just depend on how well the infection is clearing up, and on the doctor's orders. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Not a good idea: While not a direct interaction with the keflex, alcohol will slow the healing process. An antibiotic is taken to hold a "bug" (micro-organism) in check while your body's defenses can fight it off. Alcohol supresses your body's defenses- so therefore the healing is slowed and you may not acheive total eradication of the bug! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol while taking penicillin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking doxycycline?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking clindamycin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol while taking azithromycin for chlamydia?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking amoxicillin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking valtrex?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking prednisone?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online