Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol While Taking Amoxicillin
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Don't get drunk!: There's no mention of food or alcohol interaction w/amoxicillin at http://www.Drugs.Com/drug-interactions/amoxicillin.Html. You can find more info at http://www.Drugs.Com/amoxicillin.Html. In general, whether taking medication or not, we don't recommend drinking to excess. Don't forget to finish your medication as directed. In other words, don't save any for your next infection! ...Read more
Not recommended: There is a common myth that alcohol mixed with antibiotics, such as Amoxicillin, causes interactions. Because of the strep throat (healing delay) alcohol is not recommended. Alcohol will only make your throat more dry and painful. Drink a lot of water. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol while taking cephalexin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking penicillin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking doxycycline?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol while taking methylprednisolone?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking azithromycin for chlamydia?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking valtrex?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking prednisone?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online