Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol Before Colonoscopy
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
I'm getting endoscopy and colonoscopy on 18th, do I need to avoid alcohol ? How long before procedure do I need to stop drinking ?
Ask your doctor: You certainly need to avoid it after midnight the night before the procedure, since you will likely have sedation with these tests, but the final arbiter on how long you should be without alcohol before the test is the gastroenterologist who is going to perform the tests. It should be in the instructions you get before the procedure, and if it isn't, you should ask. Good luck. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
How many days before a colonoscopy should i stop drinking alcohol? Should i stop just during the bowel prep and the day of the procedure?
Agree with below: not a question that most social-only drinkers would ask. Daily alcohol consumption can make sedating you more difficult as your liver is revved up. Would try to stay away for at least 5-7 days if you're drinking more than 2drinks/day or 14/week. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol the night before a colonoscopy?
- Can you drink alcohol the day before a colonoscopy?
- Can you drink alcohol before a blood test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol the night before a blood test?
- Can you drink alcohol before blood test?
- Can i drink alcohol before colonoscopy?
- Can i drink alcohol the day before a colonoscopy?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free