Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol After Getting Your Wisdom Teeth Out
What will happen if i drink alcohol the same day as i get one of my wisdom teeth pulled out? And can I use a straw to drink alcohol? ...
Follow orders: Follow the post-op instructions by your oral surgeon to reduce the risk of complication. Drinking alcohol after the surgery will prolong the bleeding and may be dangerous mixed with any narcotic pain medicine. You do not drink with a straw after oral surgery because it may pull out the blood clot protecting the extraction site. This will lead to a dry socket. No fun. ...Read moreAsk a doctor now ›
Yes: It's best to avoid alcohol for 24 hours if you have had general anesthesia. Alcohol and narcotic analgesics (pain meds like vicodin) potentiate each others effects so don't drink to excess. Having said that, a beer or glass of wine is fine if it will make you feel better! ...Read moreAsk a doctor now ›
You need use care: If you are taking a narcotic pain reliever then no. These include codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, vicodin, percocet, percodan, etc. As these suppress breathing when mixed with alcohol. Alcohol has a dehydrating effect that can break up the blood clot, delay healing and increase pain. Avoid straight liquor if you decide to drink alcoholic drinks; beer or wine in moderation maybe ok after 2 days. ...Read moreAsk a doctor now ›
No: It is not recommended using alcohol prior to or following your wisdom teeth removal. This is particularly true if you are getting sedated. The alcohol may influence the sedation drugs as greater depression during the surgery and slow the recovery process. It will also interact with any narcotic pain medication taken following surgery. It has been noted that it might cause prolonged bleeding, too. ...Read moreAsk a doctor now ›
Moderation: If you are not taking any medications that were prescribed to you for pain, then an alcoholic beverage wold be fine. However, the medications that may have been prescribed to you can affect your ability to function. Read all meds or ask your pharmacist if this is the case before imbibing. ...Read moreAsk a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Drinking alcohol after wisdom teeth removal
- Can i drink alcohol after getting my wisdom teeth out?
- Can you drink alcohol after having your wisdom teeth removed?
- How long after getting wisdom teeth pulled can you drink alcohol?
- What foods can you eat the day after getting your wisdom teeth cut out?
- Can you smoke after getting your wisdom teeth out?
- Can you drink alcohol after getting wisdom teeth pulled?
- Foods you can eat after getting your wisdom teeth out
- Talk to a dentist online for free