Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol After Getting Your Wisdom Teeth Out
What will happen if i drink alcohol the same day as i get one of my wisdom teeth pulled out? And can I use a straw to drink alcohol? ...
Follow orders: Follow the post-op instructions by your oral surgeon to reduce the risk of complication. Drinking alcohol after the surgery will prolong the bleeding and may be dangerous mixed with any narcotic pain medicine. You do not drink with a straw after oral surgery because it may pull out the blood clot protecting the extraction site. This will lead to a dry socket. No fun. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No it is not advised: There are many factors to consider after a tooth is removed. Alcohol can affect the blood flow and clotting in the area. Also, most of the time your dentist will prescribe pain medications which should not be taken with alcohol. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
You need use care: If you are taking a narcotic pain reliever then no. These include codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, vicodin, percocet, percodan, etc. As these suppress breathing when mixed with alcohol. Alcohol has a dehydrating effect that can break up the blood clot, delay healing and increase pain. Avoid straight liquor if you decide to drink alcoholic drinks; beer or wine in moderation maybe ok after 2 days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Eventually: I guess if you have no contraindications to drinking alcohol, you will be able to do so after the wound has healed and you are not taking narcotic pain meds. Consult with your surgeon for post op instructions. ...Read more
Yes; not with meds: As long as your mouth has sufficiently healed, i see no problem with the moderate consumption of alcohol a week after the teeth are removed. Do not, however, drink alcohol with any narcotic pain medication the dentist (oral surgeon) has given you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Drinking alcohol after wisdom teeth removal
- Can i drink alcohol after getting my wisdom teeth out?
- Can you drink alcohol after having your wisdom teeth removed?
- How long after getting wisdom teeth pulled can you drink alcohol?
- What foods can you eat the day after getting your wisdom teeth cut out?
- Can you smoke after getting your wisdom teeth out?
- Can you drink alcohol after getting wisdom teeth pulled?
- Foods you can eat after getting your wisdom teeth out
- Talk to a dentist online for free