Doctor insights on:
Can You Drink Alcohol A Day After Taking Benzonatate
In a word NO!: whenever you are prescribed any scheduled drug especially narcotics and even benzodiazepines you should NEVER drink any alcohol. Alcohol can potentiate the effects of the narcotic causing respiratory depression at a lower dose. You should never drive under the influence of either of these. You are a set up for an fatal accident and even without an accident u will get a DUI ...Read more
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Yes: In moderation. But there shouldn't be a problem. ...Read more
Yes: Yes (but it is not safe to drink in excess). ...Read more
Generally No: Alchohol and most medications tax you liver and it is best to avoid alcohol consumption especially for short-term medication use. You doctor or pharmacist might give you a different answer but you will probably feel better quicker by avoiding alcohol until you complete the azythromycin. ...Read more
Minimal info here: You don't really say enough to be certain - but - if it was a standard OTC like benadryl - and you took the directed amount and you take no other medications and have no other conditions that recommend no alcohol - a minimal to moderate amount should be ok. That means 1 or 2 (at most) w/ some food taken at a pleasant rate. Don't get drunk! That's never a good idea. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol after taking antibiotics?
- Can you drink alcohol after taking azithromycin?
- Can you drink alcohol after taking aspirin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after taking dayquil can you drink alcohol?
- How long after taking amoxicillin can you drink alcohol?
- Can i drink alcohol after taking advil?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking letrozole?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free