Doctor insights on:
Drinking Alcohol After Wisdom Teeth Removal
How long does lidocane last after wisdom teeth removal and can I get dehydrated cause of not eating or drinking 24hours before procedure.?
I've heard with top wisdom teeth extraction it is a lot less likely to get dry socket. What can I drink?
Dry sockets?: First you are correct, the likelihood is much less on upper teeth. Drink anything nutritious. ...Read more
What will happen if i drink alcohol the same day as i get one of my wisdom teeth pulled out? And can I use a straw to drink alcohol? ...
Follow orders: Follow the post-op instructions by your oral surgeon to reduce the risk of complication. Drinking alcohol after the surgery will prolong the bleeding and may be dangerous mixed with any narcotic pain medicine. You do not drink with a straw after oral surgery because it may pull out the blood clot protecting the extraction site. This will lead to a dry socket. No fun. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Drink what?: Drinking liquids to rehydrate is very import in your healing. Lots of water. Drinking alcohol should be done with caution especially if medications are being taken for pain. Alcohol slows the healing as well. Follow the post operative instructions closely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually Yes: Unless your extraction procedure was unusually complicated and/or you are having a difficult time healing, you should be able to drink from a straw 4 days post extraction. Usually i advise patients to be careful using straws for the first 2 days after an extraction as the sucking could make the site bleed, but for most people after 4 days it should be fine. ...Read more
It depends: You should be off all prescription medications before drinking any alcohol. These medications may depress the nervous system and respiratory drive, the same as alcohol, so the effect can be added by alcohol. I usually recommend that patients abstain from alcohol for at least 7 days after surgery or until they no longer require pain medications, whichever is longer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol after getting your wisdom teeth out?
- What foods can you eat the day after getting your wisdom teeth cut out?
- Can you smoke after getting your wisdom teeth out?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol after having your wisdom teeth removed?
- How long after getting wisdom teeth pulled can you drink alcohol?
- Foods to eat after you get your wisdom teeth out
- Can you drink alcohol after getting wisdom teeth pulled?
- Talk to a dentist online for free