Doctor insights on:
Can You Donate Blood With A History Of Proctitis
Depends...: Assuming your blood count is sufficient to permit donation, your answer depends on the cause of your proctitis. If due to quiescent inflammatory bowel disease, & you are not taking banned drugs, then your proctitis will not restrict your donation. If however your proctitis is secondary to a systemic infectious disease, like hiv, then anticipate being turned away from blood donation. ...Read more
Proctitis ...Long history of ibs. Recently i've had blood and mucus with my stool and some incontinence as well.. I've also had pain in my rectum?
Check it out: Blood and mucus in the stool is never normal. Even though you have a long history of ibs, your recent complaints could represent inflammatory bowel disease. It may be just limited to the rectum or it could involve a larger portion of your colon. A lesion is possible, but less likely. Please see your primary care physician or gastroenterologist for evaluation. ...Read more
Blood in stool. Colonoscopy showed mild proctitis inflammation. Biopsies normal. Gi not worried, no treatment, no diagnosis. . Should I be worried. ?
Ulcerative colitis w/proctitis, ovarian cyst ruptured & see black blood clots, hot flashes like fever, feel like being ripped open. Is this normal?
No, Kim: Please see your healthcare provider as soon as possible. You have several serious ailments going on at the same time and proper medical attention is needed. Please don't delay. ...Read more
How long ago?: This depends on how long ago you had malaria and whether or not you were adequately treated. If you have traveled to a region known to harbor malaria, you are deferred for 1 year. If you lived there or have been diagnosed with malaria, you are deferred for 3 years adn must remain symptom free. http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/blood_banks.html. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you still donate a kidney if you have a family history of diabetes?
- Can you donate blood with a pituitary tumor?
- Can you wear contacts with a popped blood vessel?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you join the us military with a coarctation of the aorta?
- Do you have an increase chance of miscarriage with a blood clotting disorder?
- Can you reverse the effects of toxoplasmosis on a child if they are born with it?
- Can a person with filariasis still donate blood?
- Talk to a transfusion specialist online for free