Doctor insights on:
Can You Diverticulosis Quickly
Not enough fiber!: Diverticulosis is an incredibly common condition of the colon that occurs over many years. The colon moves waste through by "sensing" that it is there so bulky stool makes the colon more efficient. When our waste is not bulky due to inadequate fiber and fluid intake the colon has to work harder creating more pressure inside the colon like a balloon and the pockets (tics) pop out. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Diverticulosis: Diverticulosis is essentially caused by pressure. Straining at stool causes pressure within the colon, and that pressure seeks to escape through weak points in the intestinal wall. When escaping, the pressure takes some of the intestinal lining along for the ride causing pouches (diverticuli). Low fiber diet leads to straining at stool, hence the recommendation of high fiber diet. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need Correct DX : Diverticulosis is the common disease where small pockets form on the colon. In and of itself, they cause no symptoms unless one ruptures, which causes diverticulitis; this requires rx with antibiotics+/-bowel rest+/-emergency surgery. Diverticuli may also cause bleeding, sometimes requiring blood transfusions or even emergency surgery. I hope this helps. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you eat cashews with diverticulosis?
- What can you eat if you have diverticulosis or diverticulitis?
- Can you eat celery almonds if you have diverticulosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to treat diverticulosis quickly?
- Quickly diverticulosis treatment
- Can you anthrax quickly?
- Can you fibroids quickly?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online