Doctor insights on:
Can You Dislocate Your Hips By Trying To Do The Splits
Yes: Absolutely.Get a more detailed answer ›
I've fallen on my hip a couple years ago worst pain I've ever felt I still have pain off and on, have I dislocated? I dance and im hard on it a lot.
Joint injury: Chronic "hip" pain after remote fall implicates joints/ligaments. Anesthetic blocks of sacroiliac joint, trochanteric bursa & hip joint help to diagnose. MRI of hip socket w. dye to R/O acetabular cartilaginous tear. Pyriformis syndrome concern. Orthopedic Surgeons often unskilled at chronic soft tissue injury diagnosis. Imaging studies rarely define & hands-on evaluation by Osteopath advised. ...Read more
Unlikely: Much more likely you have 'snapping hip' syndrome where tendons can 'pop' as they attach across your hip joint( fascia lata about greater trochanter, or iliopsoas muscle along ' front' of hip joint).True hip dislocations in adults require urgent closed reduction and are most often seen in mva's where the driver/ passenger's thigh/ knee strikes the dashboard 'pushing' the hip 'out the back'(post). ...Read more
I dislocated my hip once and now ill be doing everyday things and it will pop and is very painfull. any way to help stop that?
At age: 16 it is a very variable situation and different people would have different conditions/anatomy/etc. Orthopedic evaluation and a course of physical therapy to build up the surrounding area and hold it in place while growth helps put it back together. BUT, it's really complex. That area changes with puberty at that age, too. ...Read more
No: The hip joint is a very stable joint in the body. A dislocation is typically a traumatic event (e.g. Car accident). Although you may get the sensation that the hip is "dislocating", this is probably not the case. If you are concerned about your hip, seek out an orthopaedic consult with xrays for evaluation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you do to relieve the discomfort of a pulled tendon in your finger?
- What kind of exercise can you do to make the top part of your body smaller?
- Removing the gauze after a circumcision
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you really lighten your eye color by exposing it to sun more often?
- What can you do to stop itching in the hand if you have a fracture?
- Can you lose weight by going to the bathroom?
- What can you do to get your taste buds back?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free