Doctor insights on:
Can You Die From Yeast Infection
Wrong place ; time: An infection in the wrong place in an individual not able to w/stand the illness will cause death. Topical yeast infections rarely cause death. Yeast blood stream infections, especially in someone w/a weakened immune system, can be deadly. >30% of blood stream infections w/yeast result in death. Endemic moulds (histoplasma, cryptococcus blastomycosis, coccidiodomycosis) can be serious as well. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Unlikely.: It's unlikely if you are healthy. However, some immune system severely compromised persons might run into trouble. ...Read more
I'm scared to death that I'll have a vaginal yeast infection forever one day due to a resistant yeast. Should I be worried?
Symptoms include..: Vaginal itching and a cottage cheese-like discharge could be signs of a vaginal yeast infection. You can try using over the counter yeast infection medication if you have these symptoms. Pain is not typically a symptom of a yeast infection, and should be evaluated by a doctor since it could mean a different diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you die from a yeast infection?
- Can you die from neisseria gonorrhea infection?
- Can you die from mrsa staph infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you die from a urinary tract infection?
- Can you die from a sinus infection?
- Can you get yeast infection from a man?
- What can you get a yeast infection from?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free