Top
10
Doctor insights on: Can You Die From Radiator Fluid Overdose

Share
1

1
Can you die from radiator fluid overdose?

Yes: Ethylene glycol can be potentially lethal. It has also been known to cause blindness. It is probably best described as a poisoning than an overdose because it is not meant to be consumed in any quantities at all. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer

Overdose (Definition)

When the maximum dose of medication ...Read more


2

2
What is the treatment for radiator fluid overdose?

What is the treatment for radiator fluid overdose?

Stomach pump: Radiator fluid contains an organic chemical which breaks down into methyl alcohol. This is highly toxic and can lead, among other things, to blindness. If you ingest any amount of this, induce vomiting or go to an er so they can clean out your stomach. This is an emergency. ...Read more

3

3
My husband accidentally swallowed a tiny amount of radiator fluid when he was flushing out the car what should we do?

My husband accidentally swallowed a tiny amount of radiator fluid when he was flushing out the car what should we do?

Metabolic Acidosis: "tiny" amount is unlikely to cause symptoms, especially if liver and kidney function are normal. Do not wait for symptoms as may not appear for a few hours after ingestion ethylene glycol toxicity can be lethal and treatable if addressed medically in a timely fashion. Your er doctor will obtain urine and blood tests to determine if treatment is needed and may be able to determine if accidental. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
4

4
Hus. Got cut on finger, then had radiator fluid go on it & just 45 minutes ago he felt something crawl-scurry from his finger. Now is ulcerated.What is it?

Hus. Got cut on finger, then had radiator fluid go on it & just 45 minutes ago he felt something crawl-scurry from his finger. Now is ulcerated.What is it?

Caustic: Radiator fluid can be quite caustic to open tissues. Open wound covered with radiator fluid is at risk for ulceration and infection. Follow up with pcp for possible debridement/ antibiotics/and wound care. ...Read more

5

5
I got some radiator fluid in my mouth and may have swallowed a little should I be worried ?

I got some radiator fluid in my mouth and may have swallowed a little should I be worried ?

Ethylene glycol: Radiator fluid is highly toxic, but not until it is metabolized in the liver, which occurs in 1-4 hours after ingestion. Best treatment is accomplished by attacking the metabolic enzyme in the liver (one strategy is to consume this enzyme by giving alcohol, which binds to it with more strength than ethylene glycol). Your ingestion was minimal, but impossible to know if toxic without blood tests. ...Read more

7

7
Is it possible for people recover from a corona radiator stroke?

Is it possible for people recover from a corona radiator stroke?

Yes: People recover from strokes in many areas of the brain. The amount of recovery will depend on other factors like total size of the stroke and other diseases affecting the brain. Rehabilitation programs are designed to maximize recovery. ...Read more

8

8
What's good for minor burn from radiator.

What's good for minor burn from radiator.

See answer: The most important thing about burns is preventing infection. Make sure you keep the area clean, use a topical antibiotic cream 2-3 times a day. Any worseing pain, redness, prulent discharge, increased warmth around the skin, or red streaks, ...Then seek medical attention. Good luck. ...Read more

10

10
I fell and hit my head againt an iron radiator 14-16 hours ago. It did bleed a little but stopped after I iced it. Should I go to the hospital?

I fell and hit my head againt an iron radiator 14-16 hours ago. It did bleed a little but stopped after I iced it.  Should I go to the hospital?

Head trauma: If you do not have any other problem or symptoms, then do not go to hospital ER. Keep close track of yourselve and have others helping you to be sure you remain OK. Let your doctor know. ...Read more