Doctor insights on:
Can You Die From Lung Disease
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
Stay healthy...: Things that we can control that affects lung health includes smoking and being exposed to pollutants. Smoking is obvious. But less obvious is living near a highway or factory or in a city known for its smog (l.A., houston, etc.) other than that, if you're healthy, there's not too much more we can do to lower lung disease risk. Maybe my pulm colleagues have some tips to add. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you die from fluid on the lungs?
- Can you die from lung cancer?
- Can you die from a collapsed lung?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you die from peripheral vascular disease?
- Can you die from heart disease?
- Can you die from chronic kidney disease?
- Can you die from crohn's disease?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free