Doctor insights on:
Can You Die From Alcohol Poisoning
Alcohol poisoning is similar to other depressant overdoses, like barbiturates. It is a progression from sleepiness to sleep to coma, eventually with progressively slower and more shallow breathing, resulting in accumulation of fluid in the lungs, low blood oxygen and ultimately stoppage of the heart. It can also cause accumulation of acetone (ketoacidosis) similar to diabetes, ...Read more
See below: No warning-stop breathing ; die. Or maybe turn blue first. ...Read more
Depends...: Dying of acute alcohol poisoning, as in the case of a youngster playing drinking games, is probably painless but is a terrible waste. Dying of the long-term effects of alcoholism involves either serious brain damage or the nausea, itching, and disfigurement of liver failure. Those who die of alcohol hurt others in the process and after. Thanks for choosing to use it wisely or not at all. ...Read more
Can you tell me if drunk, unconscious with alcohol poisoning, can laying flat on your back when vomiting, can you die/drown?
Hazards of being drunk: Yes definitely.Get a more detailed answer ›
Can you tell me if drunk, unconscious, alcohol poisoning, laying flat on your back and vomit, can you die/ drown lungs?
Go to a hospital: True alcohol "poisoning" is when you drink enough to not just fall asleep, but to go into a coma, and have your breathing slow down. You would not be typing your question online if you were alcohol poisoned. If you are drinking large amounts of alcohol regularly, you at greater risk of cirrhosis, heart damage, pancreatitis, many kinds of cancer and other complications than you are of poisoning. ...Read more
Life-threatening: The person consumed a toxic amount of alcohol usually over a short period. Their blood alcohol level (bal) is so high it is considered toxic (poisonous). Person may be extremely confused, unresponsive, disoriented, have shallow breathing, & can even pass out or go into a coma. Alcohol poisoning can be life-threatening and usually requires urgent medical treatment. The amount varies per person. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Liver failure: Cirrhosis is classical, such as jaundice, large belly filled with fluid, etc. But, from the perspective of a neurologist, tremors , incoordination, gait imbalance, numbness, weakness, confusion, disorientation, epileptic seizures. Of course, coma, delirium. Sudden death. Not a pretty picture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Alcohol poisoning: Alcohol poisoning signs and symptoms are: • Confusion • Vomiting • Seizures • Slow breathing (less than eight breaths a minute) • Irregular breathing • Blue-tinged skin or pale skin • Low body temperature • unconsciousness Please see a Psychiatrist • To understand your Alcoholism and • Have Treatment so that you do not develop Alcohol Poisoning. • Attend AA Meetings and have AA Sponsor ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Serious: Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. Drinking too much can lead to a coma and loss of protective reflexes that prevent you from aspirating and keep you breathing. People can vomit and aspirate it into their lungs. They can be so drunk, they can stop breathing. These effects are magnified if alcohol is used with other meds that are sedating, like opioids or benzodiazepines. Be careful! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unresponsive: Alcohol poisoning essentially refers to so much alcohol in the system that normal bodily funtcions are disrupted. In this condition a person is usually unresponsive or "passed out". In its most extreme state, alcohol poisoning can cause a person to stop beathing or to lose their gag reflex which can cause choking problems, particularly if vomiting occurs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Real: Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. Drinking too much can lead to a coma and loss of protective reflexes that prevent you from aspirating and keep you breathing. People can vomit and aspirate it into their lungs. They can be so drunk, they can stop breathing. These effects are magnified if alcohol is used with other meds that are sedating, like opioids or benzodiazepines. Be careful! ...Read more
Alcohol Toxins: It depends. Small cases will go away fairly quickly. Extreme cases can lead to death. Many people do permanent brain damage from chronic overuse of alcohol, which cannot be recovered from. All alcohol, if consumed at all, should be done very moderately. Overuse is never okay. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Wouldn't be typing: Alcohol poisoning causes sedation and ultimately coma, and if severe, respiratory depression, brain damage, other physical damage and even death. If you are sitting and typing, you may be drunk (which is at one end of "poisoning") but you wouldn't be considered "poisoned." there was an old commercial that said- "if you are worried you might have an alcohol problem, you probably have one."get help. ...Read more
Main problem would: Be brain damage. True alcohol poisoning is associated with unconsciousness and potentially slowing down of breathing, which can lead to lack of oxygen and brain damage. In addition, the high dose of alcohol can cause liver inflammation (hepatitis), pancreatitis, gastritis and other problems. If you drank to the point of poisoning, you have an alcohol problem, and should get professional help. ...Read more
Depends on levels: A naive individual who drinks as little as a pint of 80 proof liquor (chugging, as in fraternity/sorority hazings) may die with an alcohol level of 250 mg%. More tolerant individuals may need alcohol levels two to three times that level to experience poisoning. Alcohol is metabolized at 10-15 mg%/hour, so about a day would be required to fully metabolize a level of 300 mg%. ...Read more
Serious: Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. Drinking too much can lead to a coma and loss of protective reflexes that prevent you from aspirating and keep you breathing. People can vomit and aspirate it into their lungs. They can be so drunk, they can stop breathing. These effects are magnified if alcohol is used with other meds that are sedating, like opioids or benzodiazepines. Be careful! ...Read more
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you die from syphilis?
- Can you die from ibuprofen?
- Can you die from psoriasis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you die from melanoma?
- Can you die from osteoporosis?
- Can you die from gallbladder?
- Can you die from ibs?
- Can you die from food poisoning?