Doctor insights on:
Can You Develop Narcolepsy After Age 40
Yes, you can.: Yes, you can. Although narcolepsy most often begins early in life (teens and 20's), it can begin at any age including in young children and in midde-aged or older people. It causes daytime sleepiness. However, with daytime sleepiness beginning in the 40s, other causes including insufficient sleep and sleep apnea must be considered. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diagnosed with Narcolepsy at age 12. Took the prescribed amount: 30mg a day of Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) for 2-3 years. Could it have caused damage because of the age?
At age 30 dxd w/narcolepsy. At 31 got Lyme and parvovirus at same time. In 4 yrs since diagnosis w/raynauds, crohns, psa, as and lupus. Could Lyme cause all?
Does not make sense: No one could have that many diagnoses. Something is grossly wrong. Start from the beginning and get another opinion. See a rheumatologist (or another rheumatologist). ...Read more
Absolutely : Narcolepsy is a sleep disorder that causes excessive sleepiness and frequent daytime sleep attacks.Narcolepsy is a nervous system disorder. It is caused by a hypocretin deficiency in the hypothalamus. Symptoms include sleepiness, hallucinations, paralysis when laughing. The treatment of narcolepsy has much improved in the last decade. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A lot: There are powerful medications available to make to symptoms of narcolepsy tolerable. A sleep specialist can help you. We hope in the near future to have hypocretin modifying medications available. Trials are currently underway. Ultimately, stem cell therapy may be the cure for the disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you develop narcolepsy?
- Can you develop endometriosis after childbirth?
- Can you develop endometriosis after having children?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- At what age can you develop type 2 diabetes
- Can you develop albinism as you age do you have to be born with it?
- Can you develop stomach cancer after gastric bypass?
- Can you develop a skin rash or have skin irritation after having an epidural?
- Talk to a neurologist online