Doctor insights on:
Can You Describe The Pathophysiology Of Dilated Cardiomyopathy
Many symptoms: Cardiomyopathy can cause a variety of symptoms, including fatigue, shortness of breath, easy tiring, exercise intolerance, abnormal heart beats, swelling of legs/feet, dizziness, fainting, difficulties breathing, and others. Learn moe here: http://www.Heart.Org/heartorg/conditions/more/cardiomyopathy/cardiomyopathy_ucm_444459_subhomepage.Jsp. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cardiomyopathy: Dilated cardiomyopathy is a weak heart condition. It is serious and requires long term treatment. It is caused by viruses, poisons, alcohol, genetics and other things. It can kill both suddenly and over time. When well treated it is possible to live a long time, sometimes people need a heart transplant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Does personalized medicine apply to diagnosis of typical conditions like dilated cardiomyopathy? What tests are needed?
Echo: Cardiomyopathy is a weakened heart muscle. The diagnosis can be confirmed by an echocardiogram which takes an ultrasound picture of the heart and can show its pumping function. Further tests may need to be done to assess the cause. These tests can include a cardiac cath to rule out coronary artery disease, and even rarely a biopsy of the heart muscle. Personalized medicine is non specific term. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Like heart failure : You might feel fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath while you are lying down or physically active, lightheaded, dizzy, fainting, persistent cough of wheezing especial at when you are lying downs. You might have leg, ankle or feet swelling, sudden weight gain or fluid retention, lack of appetite, heart flutters, palpitations and pale skin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you explain the pathophysiology of pneumonia and rheumatic heart disease?
- Can you have implantation bleeding the day of your period?
- Can doing kegel exercises get you sore on the inside of your lower stomach?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get pregnant on the first day of ovulation?
- Can you get pregnant the first day of your period?
- What can you do about a knife cut on the knuckle part of finger?
- Can you sprain the top of your foot?
- Talk to a cardiologist online