Doctor insights on:
Can You Describe Heart Disease
Yes and No: In 400 words? Well there are lots of things that can go wrong with the heart. The muscle can be weak, the valves can lea. If the arteries bet blocked it can damage the muscle and cause heart failure. There can be infections of the heart or tumors. There can be rhythm problems making it beat to fast or slow. So I am about out fo words but not too bad for four hundred letters more or less. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heart disease is a condition in which a person has problems within his or her vascular system and heart, which includes both congenital birth defects and problems acquired later. Examples of heart disease include clogging (atherosclerosis) of the coronary (heart) arteries, heart attacks (obstructions of the arteries), damaged heart valves, heart muscle failure, and viral infections of the heart. Some major causes of heart disease include genetics, smoking, hypertension, high ...Read more
Many causes: Heart disease can be caused by many things such as genetics or a bacterial infection. Perhaps the most common risk factors are related to lifestyle and thus can be changed. Smoking, excessive alcohol use, obesity, or uncontrolled blood sugars in a diabetic are all important risk factors for cardiovascular disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you describe a heart flutter?
- Can you describe calcified coronary artery disease?
- Can you describe idiopathic cardiomyopathy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can heart disease kill you?
- Can you live with heart disease?
- Can you describe how arrhythmias feel like?
- Can you describe a dobutamine stress test?
- Talk to a cardiologist online