Doctor insights on:
Can You Describe A Heart Flutter
Rhythm problem: Palpitations or fluttering sensations in the chest most commonly mean that the heart is actually beating irregular with some early beats and some pauses. This can occur at any time of day but not uncommonly, the patient is more likely to notice the sensations at night when lying still or on the left side. Also, in some cases the skipping is more likely to occur when the pulse is slower(lying down). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Heart flutter: This is usually manifested by a sensation of a skipped heart beat. We generally cannot feel our heart beat. If you do have a sensation of a skipped heart beat or palpitation, see your primary care physician for an initial evaluation and if appropriate, he/she can refer you to a cardiologist for further evaluation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many reasons: Many times the heart skips or beats irregularly in people who are otherwise normal. So most of the time we don't know. There are certain types of heart rhythm problems which are associated with actual abnormalities and disease in the heart. Examples are thyroid problems, anemia, heart muschle problems, and valve problems. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get a tattoo if you have heart problems?
- Can reflux feel like a heart flutter?
- Can you have a heart attack with a normal ekg?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can you reliably hear a fetal heart beat on doptone
- Can too much gatorade cause a heart flutter?
- How can you tell if someone fakes a heart attack?
- Can you have a baby if you once had open heart surgery?
- Talk to a cardiologist online