Doctor insights on:
Can You Contract Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Without Having Sex
Couples often worry about having sex during pregnancy. They may be afraid that having sex could cause a miscarriage or harm the baby. It is best to talk to your doctor or nurse midwife about your specific situation to make sure you are considered at low risk for complications such a ...Read more
Likely Chlamydia.: The usual std's can cause pelvic pain by rash, itching, etc., but the biggest cause of pid or pelvic inflammatory disease is chlamydia trachomatis, which is also sexually transmitted. This can cause lower abdominal, and pelvic pain, and a mucopurulent (pus-like) vaginal discharge. This is a very destructive disease which can require 14 days of antibiotics, like Doxycycline and clindamycin. ...Read more
PID and sex: You can have sex but may be exposing yourself to other forms of pid as well if you are having sex with a different partner. If you and your partner are both being treated at the same time, it may be okay. Still, the best option would be to wait until you are finished with the medications. ...Read more
Sometimes difficult: PID is sometimes obvious but sometimes not. Diagnosis usually requires -Oral temperature >101° F (>38.3°C) -Abnormal cervical or vaginal discharge -Many white blood cells in vaginal secretions -Elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate -Elevated C-reactive protein Pelvic pain and confirmed pathogenic bacteria in the genital tract are often considered PID as well. ...Read more
Good question!: Pid is caused when one person who is infected with a sexualy transittted infection has sex with someone who does not have the infection and shares the infection. Safe sex is always good advice. Insist on using a condom, even if you are using other forms of birth control. ...Read more
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (Pid) (Definition)
Pelvic inflammatory disease is a general term for infection of the uterus lining, fallopian tubes, or ovaries. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get pelvic inflammatory disease without an std?
- Can you have pelvic inflammatory disease after a hysterectomy?
- How long can you have chlamydia before it causes pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get pelvic inflammatory disease after hysterectomy?
- Does all pelvic inflammatory disease have symptoms?
- Can you have liver disease without jaundice?
- Can you get ovarian cysts without having sex?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free