Doctor insights on:
Can You Contract Hpv From Woman To Woman
Not necessarily: Unfortunately hpv in a woman can often be present without the women knowing it. Genital warts are usually painless, so you often don't have any symptoms from them. Furthermore in women it is difficult to actually see everywhere that the warts might be. On a related note if you're known to have hpv, don't forget about regular pap smears! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I gave oral sex to a woman and I am worried about contracting herpes, hpv, warts or somthin. I heard to get something oral is rare is this true?
Mostly true: Oral sex can be considered safe sex. It's not completely free of STD risk, but low risk for all STDs and zero for some. Altogether a lot safer than unprotected vaginal or anal sex. Risk is especially low for cunnilingus (oral-vaginal). Oral warts and herpes in particular are rare from oral sex. No need for testing if no symptoms (sores of lips or tongue, sore throat) in next 1-2 weeks. ...Read more
Yes: Men and women pass hpv back and forth. Typically for men it's not serious (they don't test for it in men). The more partners one has, the increased risk for cancers of the penis and the cervix (though penile cancer is very rare). The biggest threat from hpv is to the woman. Always use condoms and that will help prevent the transmission, not 100%, but significantly. Pap smears help detect hpv. ...Read more
Should be normal: If you are getting medical care it should be normal because your obgyn would intervene if it turned into certain types of pre-cancer. There are many different sub types of the hpv virus. Some can cause pre- cancer or cancer of the vulva , vaginal or cervix. Some sub types never cause any pre-cancer. Just make sure you are being followed regularly by your obgyn. ...Read more
Yes: Infection with hpv does not affect the ability to have children by itself. Having intercourse with a partner raises the risk of giving that partner the hpv infection. You likely should be vaccinated prior to getting pregnant, but consult your OB on his/her view of current practice for this. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a woman get pregnant from sperm outside her vagina?
- Can you get hpv from drinking after someone?
- Can a woman get breast cancer if you squeeze her breasts really hard?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a guy transfer a urinary tract infection to a woman while having sex?
- Can you get hpv from receiving oral?
- Can having hypothyroidism cause a woman not to have an orgasm?
- Can you spread a yeast infection if you take a bath with another woman?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free