Doctor insights on:
Can You Consume Alcohol While Taking Keflex
If a person does drink alcohol while taking keflex, do they have to restart the entire keflex regimen or can they just take one extra day of the antib?
Neither: Alcohol is toxic to living tissues (we humans happen to be a complex glob of living tissues), so avoid drinking too much. Also, an infected person doesn't need any additional, voluntary toxins in the body. However, alcohol does not have a direct relationship to how many Keflex capsules one needs to take. That would just depend on how well the infection is clearing up, and on the doctor's orders. ...Read more
Not a good idea: While not a direct interaction with the keflex, alcohol will slow the healing process. An antibiotic is taken to hold a "bug" (micro-organism) in check while your body's defenses can fight it off. Alcohol supresses your body's defenses- so therefore the healing is slowed and you may not acheive total eradication of the bug! ...Read more
Should not: Flecainide is used for heart rhythm disturbances, many of which can be caused by alcohol. Alcohol, especially when taken regularly in even moderate doses (2-3 drinks/day) can actually damage the heart muscle in predisposed people. It also has numerous drug interactions, and can lower therapeutic levels of many drugs. You need to talk with your doctor about your alcohol use. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Why do I always think anybody who is asking "can i drink" is generally somebody who is drinking too much? Flecainide is prescribed for cardiac arrhythmias, and alcohol can itself cause cardiac arrhythmias, or worsen pre-existing ones, as well as interacting with the many medications used to treat it. Does your prescribing doc know you drink, and you should discuss it with him/her. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol while taking keflex?
- Can you consume alcohol while taking amoxicillin?
- Can you consume alcohol while taking azithromycin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i consume alcohol while taking antibiotics?
- Can someone consume alcohol while taking flecainide?
- Why cant you consume alcohol while taking valtrex?
- Can someone consume alcohol while taking flecainide meds?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online