Doctor insights on:
Can You Catch Gastroenteritis From Somebody Who Caught It From You
I had gastroenteritis a week ago and now my family members are sick with it. I've recovered from my sickness, but can I catch it from them again?
Gastroenteritis infected my whole family in less than a week. Is it possible for my children to catch it again from me now that I'm ill too?
Not likely: Part of the recovery is for your body to make antibodies that are protective against reinfection . Unless the kids have some type of immune deficiencies, they should be making these protective antibodies. Still would practice good handwashing and not give good-night kisses until everyone is better ...Read more
Is it possible to catch viral gastroenteritis whilst currently infected with cold virus? If so is that a dangerous combination?
Multiple Virus: Yes, you certainly can be infected with multiple viral infections at once. Whether or not it is dangerous depends on the specific viral infections. Generally, a cold and gastrointestinal virus at the same time are not dangerous. They are however, very uncomfortable for the person who has them at the same time. The biggest threat is dehydration. Seek care if that is occurring. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If I was around someone who had the stomach flu 3 days ago, how long would it take for me to catch it. I'm so scared?
Can I catch the stomach flu from being around a baby that wasn't sick until the next day after I played with him?
My friend son is 4 he has stomach flu after 3 days hes feeling better is it still contagious and can we still catch the stoamch flu ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you catch shingles from someone who has chickenpox?
- Can you catch pneumonia from someone who has it?
- Can you catch the flu from someone who just had the flu shot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you catch shingles from shingles?
- How do you catch mrsa from someone who has it?
- Who can catch the shingles
- Can i catch shingles from someone who has it?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free