Doctor insights on:
Can You Catch Gastroenteritis From Somebody Who Caught It From You
I had gastroenteritis a week ago and now my family members are sick with it. I've recovered from my sickness, but can I catch it from them again?
Gastroenteritis infected my whole family in less than a week. Is it possible for my children to catch it again from me now that I'm ill too?
Not likely: Part of the recovery is for your body to make antibodies that are protective against reinfection . Unless the kids have some type of immune deficiencies, they should be making these protective antibodies. Still would practice good handwashing and not give good-night kisses until everyone is better ...Read more
If I was around someone who had the stomach flu 3 days ago, how long would it take for me to catch it. I'm so scared?
Is the stomach flu contagious like the regular flu? A friend is sick with the stomach flu. I wanted to bring them some flowers, but then thought i might be able to catch it like with the regular flu. Is there any chance i might catch it?
Stomach : Stomach viruses are highly contagious, which is why they spread so quickly on cruise ships. ...Read more
My friend son is 4 he has stomach flu after 3 days hes feeling better is it still contagious and can we still catch the stoamch flu ?
Can I catch the stomach flu from being around a baby that wasn't sick until the next day after I played with him?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you catch pneumonia from someone who has it?
- Can you catch the flu from someone who just had the flu shot?
- How do you catch mrsa from someone who has it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you catch shingles from someone who has chickenpox?
- Can you catch anything from dried blood?
- Can you catch bronchitis from someone else?
- How can you catch tonsillitis from someone else?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free