Doctor insights on:
Can You Catch A Staph Infection From Others
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Exposed?: Staphylococci are virtually ubiquitous and you encounter them virtually every day. Tell us what you are worried about and be specific and perhaps can help you out. ...Read more
Staph infections: Staph infections are transmitted by contact with someone who has the infection or is colonized with staph. Staph can potentially be left on surfaces and be transmitted by contact with these surfaces. We see that often with kids that exercise on gym mats. Staph infections are not transmitted by rain. ...Read more
If someone breaks a bone, can they get a staph infection or some other type of infection? Can this be fatal?
Yes and yes: Depending on your comorbidities (other diseases) that may cause immunocompromised states, you COULD get a bone infection after a break which COULD result in bacteremia (blood infection) which COULD result in death. This is rather uncommon but does happen in extreme cases, usually bone infections need surgical treatment and long term antibiotics. www.bmednyc.om ...Read more
What are the symptoms of the recent staph infection that affecting people? I know they said look for a pus filled pimple looking bump. What are the other symptoms?
Staph infection: In addition to pus filled pimples, the area around an area of staph infection will become reddened, swollen and there will likely be red streaks radiating from the reddened area. Staph can cause skin and subcutaneous tissues to break down and become necrotic. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you catch a staph infection from another person?
- Can you get a staph infection from having a massage?
- Can you catch a urinary tract infection from your partner?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell mrsa from a regular staph infection?
- Can you catch a trichomoniasis infection from a toilet?
- Can you get a staph infection from a bug bite?
- Can your partner catch a urinary track infection from you?
- Talk to a dermatologist online