Doctor insights on:
Can You Catch A Staph Infection From Others
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Exposed?: Staphylococci are virtually ubiquitous and you encounter them virtually every day. Tell us what you are worried about and be specific and perhaps can help you out. ...Read more
Staph infections: Staph infections are transmitted by contact with someone who has the infection or is colonized with staph. Staph can potentially be left on surfaces and be transmitted by contact with these surfaces. We see that often with kids that exercise on gym mats. Staph infections are not transmitted by rain. ...Read more
More likely w/ MRSA: Staph is all over. There is usually an intrinsic or extrinsic inciting event. If the innate immune system is healthy it usually wards staph off. But if there is a breach in the skin barrier, a staph infection may ensue, but walled off quickly by the immune system. If its a more virulent form of staff such as community acquired mrsa, the chance of an "staph infection" such as an abscess is higher. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you catch a staph infection from another person?
- Can you catch shingles from other people?
- Can you catch a bladder infection from someone?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you die from mrsa staph infection?
- Can you get a staph infection from a yeast infection?
- Can your partner catch a urinary track infection from you?
- Can you catch a urinary tract infection from your partner?
- Talk to a dermatologist online