Doctor insights on:
Can You Cat Scratch Disease
Infectious disease caused by the bacterium bartonella henselae. It is most commonly found in children following a scratch or bite from a cat after about one to two weeks after the scratch. Lymph gland swelling in neck and under the arms are common. The disease is self-limiting, and is usually treated without anti-biotics in normal ...Read more
I am busy with my work and family and don't have time for cat scratch disease. How can I treat it fast?
Ain't MacDonald's...: Though luckily the infection is self-limiting in people with intact immune systems, it may take weeks if not a month or two before it goes away. Think of it as a fine french restaurant in which one may wait for a long time for a morsel of food...Be patient! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not really: Yes and no. Probably everyone will get some puffiness and mild itching at the site of a cat scratch. Cat scratch disease is much more than those symptoms. But i would guess that almost everyone who gets cat scratch disease also had some puffiness and itching at the scratch site. I hope that helps. ...Read more
Bacterial infection: Cat scratch disease is a bacterial uinfection caused by bartonella henselae and b. Clarridgeiae. There are 25, 000 cases annually in the us. It is characterized by a papule or pustule at the site of innoculation with swollen regional lymph node swelling. Csd is usually treated with a 5 day course of zithromax. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you get cat scratch disease?
- Can you get rabies from a cat scratch?
- Can you get cat scratch fever from a dog?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you die from graves disease?
- Can you die from thyroid disease?
- What diseases can you get from receiving a rim job?
- Can you get pelvic inflammatory disease after hysterectomy?
- Talk to a dermatologist online