Doctor insights on:
Can You Be On Dialysis And Get Chemo
My uncle was diagnosed with kidney disease that is requiring chemo.Whats the name of the disease &the causes he's also been getting dialysis.
Simple answer is that it is a medical technology used primarily to provide an artificial replacement for lost kidney function in people with renal failure. Hemodialysis remove wastes and excess water from the blood by circulating blood outside the body through an external filter, called a dialyzer. Blood and dialysate flow through in opposite directions and the ...Read more
My husband is on dialysis. He also has bladder cancer that may have metastasized to the lung. Is there any chance for him to have chemotherapy?
Multiple causes: You could have osteomalacia (vitamin d deficiency) that can cause bone pain. There is also risk of osteoporotic compression fracture of the spine. Commonest would be mechanical pain related to muscles and ligaments of the spine. Rare causes include spinal tumors. A good history, exam and some simple tests should establish diagnosis and guide treatment. Discuss with your nephrologist or pcp. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Outpatient: It is a small outpatient procedure, with actual procedure not taking more that 30 minutes. ...Read more
Cytotoxic: Chemotherapy will kill dividing cells - - cancer/lymphoma/leukemia count here, and why we use it, but bone marrow cells that make white cells and platelets are also bystanders effected. They naturally return in due time. There are "growth factors" that are very expensive that can accelerate rebound of marrow. ...Read more
When kidneys fail: Dialysis is started when the function of the kidneys is inadequate to remove the metabolic byproducts of metabolism. In practice this is usually determined by measuring gfr. Most people have to start dialysis when GFR drops to 10-15 though it may have to be started higher or lower than that. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you be pregnant and get your period on time?
- Can you get your period on the pill and be pregnant?
- Can you get a faint line on a pregnancy test and not be pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have a receding hairline and not be going bald on top?
- Can you have your period on placebo and be pregnant?
- How do you get an anal fissure and how can it be cured?
- Can you be pregnant and still come out negative on a home pregnancy test?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free