Doctor insights on:
I was drinking wine, eating popcorn, and eating jalapeños, and suddenly my left bottom lip got swollen. Am I allergic to something?
Allergic reaction: A number of the conditions can cause swollen lips. By your description the cause is allergic reaction to food. The rule of thumb- see your doctor if the swelling cannot be explained or does not improve after 2-3 days. If you are experiencing difficulty breathing call 911. Take care. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
After eating air pop popcorn, i get sick. I get an upset stomach. It gets very painful. It didn't use to be this way. Could i now be allergic?
Maybe: It could be an allergy to corn or it could be an intolerance. Maybe it is an additive in the popcorn product you are using. Switch brands and see if it persists. If so, see an allergist. ...Read more
After eating salty foods like chips or popcorn my lips, tongue and throat swell up. Sometimes hard to breath. What could i be allergic to? Is it bad?
It May be Serious: You need to stop eating these foods and see an allergist for an evaluation. You may be very allergic to something, either the food itself or possibly a preservative. Any time you have swelling and difficulty breathing it could be very serious and if an allergy could lead to a potentially fatal reaction. You should have Benadryl with you at all times and take it right away if you get swelling. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Popcorn: Popcorn is a very dangerous food to give any child under the age of five. Like hotdogs it can cause a ' plug" in the throat that unless the child is mature enough to fully chew, poses a risk. You did not specify age of child but certainly under five you should not offer popcorn. Same with nuts, hotdogs and several other choking hazards. ...Read more
Another : Another issue with burnt popcorn is that the kernel may not have popped completely leaving a hard core. If you bite down on this unexpectedly you run the risk of fracturing a tooth or filling. Also be careful when eating popcorn it is possible to get a piece of the thin outer shell caught in the sulcus of the gum. It acts as a sharp knife cutting down into the gum tissue a potentially leading to damage and an infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Air popped, no butter, maybe a little salt or other savory-it's a decent snack, source of fiber. Cooked in transfat, soaked in "butter-flavor", steeped in salt-not so good. Very easy to get excess calories, fat, and salt from a tub of typical movie house popcorn. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Popcorn: Popcorn is not unhealthy. It is generally healthy but not as healthy as colored vegetables and fruits. It is a snack food that is good to eat. Do not load up on salt, though ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you be allergic to weed?
- Can you be allergic to vaseline?
- Can you be allergic to your tears?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you be allergic to tequila?
- Can you be allergic to cigarette smoke?
- Can you be allergic to another person?
- Can you be allergic to beeswax?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free