Doctor insights on:
Can You Be A Police Officer If You Have Mitral Valve Prolapse
A valve is a structure that regulates the direction of flow. The heart is a special kind of pump. It moves blood by squeezing and relaxing. There are 4 chambers and each chamber has a valve. This keeps blood from moving backwards when the heart squeezes. When a chamber squeezes it lets the blood move forward but when the chamber is relaxed it prevents the blood from ...Read more
Mitral Valve Prolaps: Your doctor can tell by using stethoscope to listen. ...Read more
Cocaine & MVP: Cocaine can kill you whether you have mitral valve prolapse or not. There are numerous. Studies showing the effect of Cocaine in the brain and heart causing spasm of the arteries which can cause a heart attack or stroke. Cocaine can also cause rhythm problems in the heart. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not necessarily: Mitral valve prolapse may progress to regurge but most patients do not progress to the point of needing surgery. It is important to maintain follow up, however. Also you will need antibiotics before procedures and dental visits to reduce the risk of valve infections. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chest pain MVP: Inmitral valve prolapse abnormalities in the valve makes it to fall back in to the left atrium as the ventricle contracts.This flopping or prolapsing is sometime perceived as chest pain/heart pain.The pain can be recurring and varies in intensity depending on the size of the prolapse. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you be a living donor if you have tattoos?
- Can you be a doctor if you have hiv?
- Can you be a nursing student if you have a weak immune system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you be a nurse if you have hiv?
- Can you be a carrier of cystic fibrosis if you have two healthy parents?
- Can you still be treated for most infections if you have a penicillin allergy?
- Can you still be pregnant if you have a period?
- Talk to a cardiologist online