Doctor insights on:
Can You Atrial Fibrillation
Yes: atrial fibrillation is when the atrium is beating not in coordination with the ventricle. It beats around 200 beats a minute. If the ventricular rate is controlled it beats 60-100 beats a minute. Since the are not synchronized there is a higher risk of blood clots in the heart which then can be thrown to the brain causing a stroke.n that is why we use blood thinners. ...Read more
Atrial fibrillation is an irregular and often rapid heart rate that commonly causes poor blood flow to the body. During atrial fibrillation, the heart's two upper chambers (the atria) beat chaotically and irregularly — out of coordination with the two lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart. Atrial fibrillation symptoms include heart palpitations, shortness ...Read more
Afib/vfib: ventricular standstill and fine v-fib are functionally the same the ventricle is not contracting - vfib is a slight quivering which may or may not be identifiable on ECG; if the ventricle is not contracting then it is not possible to non-invasively identify atrial fibrillation from simply sinus/atrial arrest. ...Read more
Arrhythmias: Atrial fibrillation (afib) is the most common sustained rhythm abnormality. It's characterized by an irregular heart rate. The upper chambers of the heart (atrium) do not beat but quiver. Many people don't notice it. But many do. It can lead to strokes in some patients so blood thinners are important. It can be treated with medications, ablation thru iv's in the groin or surgery. See a cardiologis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can atrial fibrillation be cured?
- Can an atrial fibrillation be lethal?
- Can atrial fibrillation be psychosomatic?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can someone take viagra if you have atrial fibrillation?
- Can atrial fibrillation be life threatening?
- Can atrial fibrillation be affected by diet?
- Can hypertension cause atrial fibrillation?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free