Doctor insights on:
Can Women Get Yeast Infections From Men
Yes: Yeast infections are fungal infections of the skin or mucous membranes. Yeast normally likes to grow in dark, warm, damp enviroments. Usually in men, the yeast will grow externally and is known as jock itch. Any patches of redness that itches on the skin, i would have a clinician check out. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
No: Studies do, however suggest that application of saliva to the vulvovaginal area may "disrupt the balance" of candida to other resident organisms and immune components, predisposing you to candidal/yeast infections. Any risk for you or your partner may also be related to your immune system. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Possible: If the male is circumcised, it would be difficult to contract a yeast infection since the environment for such is so altered as to not allow it. It would be a rare ocurrence and special situation for this. However, if uncircumcised, there is the right mileu for this with the foreskin covering the glans, being moist, warm and dark so it can happen. Usually it will not with normal hygiene. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Less common.: I don't have a statistic for you. But it is much less common in men then in women. ...Read more
Tx: Monistat can be applied to the tip of the penis twice a day. If not resolving in a week, see physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can men get yeast infections from antibiotics?
- Can men catch yeast infection from women?
- Can men contact yeast infections from a women and if so what arw the symptoms?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can men get a yeast infection from oral?
- Can men get yeast infections from a woman?
- Can i get a yeast infection from my boyfriend?
- Can u get a yeast infection ib your throat from performing cunnilingus?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free