Doctor insights on:
Can Women Get Pregnant After A Hysterectomy
No: It would require a uterine host surrogate. ...Read more
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Can a woman that has had a hysterectomy but still has 1 tube and 1 ovary still get pregnant? Age 29 good health.
I'm a little confuse about hysterectomy? Isn't it a surgery done on the uterus so women can't get pregnant, right?
Unlikely: Theoretically possible if the ovaries are still in place, ovulation is occurirng, and a passage is present that allows sperm to meet with the egg. The result would be an abdominal pregnancy or possibly a cervical pregnancy if the cervix still remains. This would be exceedingly unlikely and contraception is not recommended after a hysterectomy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Partial hysterectomy may mean different things to different people, but if the body of the uterus is removed, you cannot get pregnant. Partial hysterectomy usually means supracervical hysterectomy with the body of the uterus removed and the cervix left behind. Or some people incorrectly use the term to mean removing the uterus but leaving the ovaries behind. Pregnancy won't happen either way. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a woman get pregnant after having a hysterectomy?
- Can i get pregnant after hysterectomy?
- Can a woman still get pregnant after a hysterectomy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get pregnant after partial hysterectomy?
- Can a woman get pregnant after a partial hysterectomy?
- Can you get pregnant after hysterectomy?
- Can u get pregnant after a partial hysterectomy?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free