Doctor insights on:
Can Withdrawal From Alcohol Cause Nightmares Or General Problems With Sleep
Not recommended: The best thing is to seek help for alcohol withdrawal, which can be dangerous. Check with your doctor and get her/his recommendations for withdrawal treatment. Xanax doesn't last as long in the body as valium or librium, and there could be a risk of seizures if it wears off and the alcohol withdrawal breaks through. Don't try this at home! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A week or less: Nightmares and vivid dreams can start in the first 1-2 days of withdrawal, generally are improved at 3-5 days and should be gone in a week. Appropriate medication, usually benzodiazepines, can reduce the complications of withdrawal. If this is you we are talking about, the major concern should be how not to drink any more. A counselor or your doctor can help. Very few people succeed on their own. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When should medical attn be sought for alcohol withdrawal? Drinking 7-8 beers/night for 2 yrs. Sober 48hrs. Nitesweats, fast heart, sleep trouble
This can be serious: Alcohol withdrawal can be serious. In some cases there can be hallucinations, shaking, seizures and it can even be life threatening. So it is good idea to get physical check up as well as psychological evaluation. Treatment plan will probably include AA , psychological treatment and possibly some medication. ...Read more
Alcohol withdrawal: Swift changes in emotions from high to low nausea difficulty sleeping including insomnia rapid or increased heart rate cold or clammy skin change in eyes or pupils (enlarged or dilated) excitability irritability vomiting movements out of the ordinary nervousness depression hand tremors pulsating headaches lack of focus and the inability. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Psychological depend: No psysical but you are in the habit of having two &ay miss it when you quit paychologically ...Read more
I can not: Find any evidence that it does.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can ovarian cysts cause problems with bowel movements?
- Can having oral sex with someone who has a canker sore cause problems?
- Can a person with kidney problems take cialis or viagra?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can sleeping with a fan blowing on you cause arthritis?
- Can scar tissue from a tracheotomy cause respiratory problems in the future?
- Can sleeping with your mouth open cause a dry crusting throat?
- Can baby hurt back or neck with strange sleep position?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free