Doctor insights on:
Can Wearing Glasses Damage Your Eyes
Glasses weaken eyes?: No. People over 40 often think that wearing readers made their eyes weaker. Presbyopia is a natural condition that occurs around 40 where the focusing power (accommodation) gradually declines over 30 years due to gradual hardening of the natural lens of the eye. The amount of reading power you need to replace gradually increases every 2-3 years. Vision w readers is better; they want glasses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Eyes are pretty tough and flexible. If the glasses you are wearing are incorrect in some way, the eyes will do the best to see and will not be harmed -- you simply will not see as well as you could. (honestly i don't know what you mean by 'grade' - you could re ask that if it is still an issue for you.). ...Read more
THEY : WILL GET WORSE ANYWAY.Get a more detailed answer ›
Nonsense question: None of this makes any sense.Get a more detailed answer ›
May be an illusion: Wearing glasses will not physically change the eyes, it just optically corrects the focusing of the image so that it is clear to the eye. Wearing nearsighted glasses (myopia) can give the illusion that the eyes appear to be smaller and possibly sunken back, while farsighted glasses (like reading glasses) make the eyes look larger. This is a magnification effect based on the power of the lens. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can reading glasses damage your eyes?
- Wearing glasses damage nose
- Can wearing the wrong glasses harm your vision?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does wearing contact lenses make your eyes weaker as in comparison to glasses?
- Can wearing a weaker prescription damage your vision?
- Wearing glasses makes eyes worse
- Can your eye color change when you start wearing glasses?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free