Doctor insights on:
Can Watching Television For Long Periods Cause Myopia
No: No relationship.Get a more detailed answer ›
Increased floaters by a few in both eyes over a year period. Concerned about high myopias data, No retinal tear last month, but I see a few new ones today?
Not really: Floaters in the eye have several causes. The most common cause is degeneration of the vitreous fluid. The floaters gradually get worse, and persist. Sudden increase in floaters may be caused by vitreous separation (detachment) and may associated with a retinal tear or detachment, and eye exam is advisable. In both of these situations, the floaters persist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Does reading in dim light cause myopia? My daughter is nearsighted and needs glasses. I’m wondering whether her myopia was caused by reading in low light and watching too much tv. Is this possible?
No: Nearsightedness is related to the size of the eyeball and the fact that the lens focuses input from far away in front of the retina where it is not clear. Close up vision may remain in focus. Treatment involves using lenses to help move the clear point of far vision to the retina. Excessive computer use can cause eye fatigue, but does not alter the shape of the eyeball or its focus point. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Watching television worsten astigmatism
- Can vitamin deficiency cause longer periods?
- Can hypothyroidism cause heavy and long periods?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can periods be delayed?
- How long can periods be apart?
- What causes periods to last longer?
- What causes extra long periods?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free