Doctor insights on:
Can Vitamin E Cause Constipation
Unsure: There are few studies in humans on this that I have been able to locate. Some of the damage that alcohol does to the body involves increases in oxidizing substances, where anti-oxidants can help prevent damage, and vitamin E is an anti-oxidant. Some people feel that extra vitamin E may be helpful in those with alcoholism, but there is no real proof of this. 15-30 mg of vit e would be reasonable. ...Read more
Depends: Vitamin has 8 subtypes. Studies done showing increased risk of prostate cancer used only one (alpha). Each subtype does different things, and vit e is best taken as a combination of more than one subtype. Gamma and delta are good for the heart and blood vessels. Unique e is a brand that gives mixed tocopherols. There are also other brands. ...Read more
No: These are not related, good wishes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is there a possibility that a few vitamin e 268mg capsules can cause a priapism if one is taking it for peyronies treatment?
Unlikely: Sometimes it is difficult to know what causes priapism or for that matter peyronie's disease. My hunch is that something other than Vit E, even at high doses, is the cause. Sometimes when we can't figure out a cause it's because there are multiple causes..Priapism warrants as you probably already know immediate medical attention. Fortunately most ER professionals know what to do. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can vitamins cause constipation?
- Can vitamin e cause acne?
- Can vitamin b cause constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can vitamin supplements cause constipation?
- Can vitamin c cause constipation?
- Can taking a vitamin e capsule cause bloating?
- Can too much vitamin c cause constipation?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online