Doctor insights on:
Can Vitamin E Cause Constipation
Unsure: There are few studies in humans on this that I have been able to locate. Some of the damage that alcohol does to the body involves increases in oxidizing substances, where anti-oxidants can help prevent damage, and vitamin e is an anti-oxidant. Some people feel that extra vitamin e may be helpful in those with alcoholism, but there is no real proof of this. 15-30 mg of vit e would be reasonable. ...Read more
Depends: Vitamin has 8 subtypes. Studies done showing increased risk of prostate cancer used only one (alpha). Each subtype does different things, and vit e is best taken as a combination of more than one subtype. Gamma and delta are good for the heart and blood vessels. Unique e is a brand that gives mixed tocopherols. There are also other brands. ...Read more
Is there a possibility that a few vitamin e 268mg capsules can cause a priapism if one is taking it for peyronies treatment?
Unlikely: Sometimes it is difficult to know what causes priapism or for that matter peyronie's disease. My hunch is that something other than Vit E, even at high doses, is the cause. Sometimes when we can't figure out a cause it's because there are multiple causes..Priapism warrants as you probably already know immediate medical attention. Fortunately most ER professionals know what to do. ...Read more
No: These are not related, good wishes.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can vitamin d drops cause constipation in infants?
- Can vitamin e cause acne?
- Can taking vitamin d supplements and calcium supplements cause hard stools and constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can taking a vitamin e capsule cause bloating?
- What vitamins and supplements can cause constipation?
- Can too much vitamin d cause constipation?
- Can vitamin supplements cause constipation?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online