Doctor insights on:
Can Vision Loss Due To Glaucoma Be Fully Recovered By Homeopathy
Age 58. 30 percent optic nerve damage in 1 eye due to open angle glaucoma. Withg treatment is it possible to prevent vision loss in lifetime?
Any type can, but: Typically a narrow-angle/angle-closure types cause rapid visual loss. This type of glaucoma is symptomatic (eye pain, blurriness, nausea), although by the time the symptoms arise it's often too late. Patients with open-angle glaucoma and low/normal tension glaucoma often experience what *seems* like rapid visual loss, when in reality the 'blind spots' have slowly crept into the central vision. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Short or long term?: The leading cause of correctable vision loss is cataract. Glaucoma causes a slowly evolving loss if unresponsive to treatment and causes much vision loss especially in the third world. The two major causes of uncorrectable loss are diabetes and macular degenration. Diabetes loss is prevalent in the 60's (and younger) while mac degen affects a more elderly age group. ...Read more
It differs: The classic vision loss pattern is peripheral first, then more central as time goes on. Most people do not detect vision loss until there has been significant damage to the nerve. As well, some indiviuals may notice a larger than normal blindspot in their vision. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How lung can one fully recover from fluid extracted from lung due to pneumonia?
- Can you regain vision loss due to pseudotumor cerebri?
- Can dark circles under your eyes be due to iron deficiency anemia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can amino acids be used by the body to make glucose fatty acids?
- Can lung nodules be caused by exposure to asbestos?
- Can a lazy eye be caused by a hit to the eye?
- Can a fever blister be caused by food allergies or allergies to something else?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free