Doctor insights on:
Can Venlafaxine Lead To Problems With Interrupted Sleep Patterns
Regarding babies, if a baby awakens in the night for feeding, one should not turn on bright lights. Keep the room dark and quiet. Use night lights, if needed. Keep the feeding as brief and low-key as possible. Do not entertain the baby. When the baby has been fed, burped, and calmed, return him to bed. With this routine, the baby will become used to it and go to sleep on ...Read more
Not specifically: Awakening with dark circles around the eyes or "eye-bags" usually speaks to build-up of fluid under the skin beneath the eye. Seasonal allergies, a sinus infection, a cold, rubbing the eyes, a salty dinner, excessive drinking, or a night of crying can cause morning-after puffiness. Best treatment is a neti pot (filled with saline) to irrigate the nasal passages and relieve fluid build-up. ...Read more
Calming exercises: We've all had situations where we've been so excited we can't sleep. That should last 2-3 days at the most. The body will kick in and restore a normal sleep cycle if things are all equal. I suspect there's more to this, and that there is a mild sleep disorder at work. Start with a consistent am wakeup time, low to no caffeine, and quiet pm activities. If that doesn't work, see your doc. ...Read more
Study causes: #fibromyalgia? A fortyish female with restless sleep and depression needs to discover the cause. Unrefreshing sleep naturally leads to depression. Commonly, interrupted sleep is due to chronic pain syndromes of pelvis, back, shoulder or neck. Menopause can also cause these symptoms. See a doctor to investigate and to rule out fibromyalgia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
From last week i can't sleep without interrupt at night beside daily sleep, early waking up+daily sleepiness, >3m effexor, (venlafaxine) no med changes, regards.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does alcohol interrupt sleep and can alcohol cause people to hallucinate?
- Alternative treatments for interrupted sleep
- Symptoms of interrupted sleep
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can anorexia lead to heart problems?
- Does nyquil interrupt rem sleep?
- Will sleeping on the floor cause you have problems with sleep patterns
- Does taking levothyroxine cause problems with your sleep patterns?
- Talk to a neurologist online