Doctor insights on:
Can Uncircumcised Men Get Yeast Infections
My husband is uncircumcised and has a yeast infection. Is he able to use monistat? Or is there anything he can do to help get rid of it?
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
My boyfriend used Monistat n I used diflucan. He's uncircumcised. Do you know how I contracted another yeast infection ?
Recurrent yeast: Vaginal yeasts are rarely acquired from other persons. Yeasts are normal in our intestines and often in the vagina. New yeast symptoms are not from a new infection, but because your own natural yeast has grown to increased numbers and/or the body is having an allergy-like reaction to it. If symptoms recur frequently, talk with your doc about preventing them with a diflucan dose once a week. ...Read more
Yes: Yeast infections are fungal infections of the skin or mucous membranes. Yeast normally likes to grow in dark, warm, damp enviroments. Usually in men, the yeast will grow externally and is known as jock itch. Any patches of redness that itches on the skin, i would have a clinician check out. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can men get yeast infections from antibiotics?
- How can men get rid of yeast infections?
- Can women get yeast infections from men?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can men get yeast infections from a woman?
- How can men get yeast infections?
- Can you get a yeast infection in your eye?
- Can you get a yeast infection in your urethra?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free