Doctor insights on:
Can U Get Trichomoniasis Orally
Agree w Dr. Fishburn: Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease from a parasite called trichomonas vaginalis. Most often women become infected by penis to vaginal contact or vaginal to vaginal contact. It reportedly can infect the mouth ; anus but can not survive in those areas. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Absolutely: Many std's can be transmitted through oral sex including: herpes simplex, syphilis, hiv, gonorrhea, hpv & chlamydia. It is always best to know your std status & that of your partner(s). Getting tested at a clinic can help relieve anxiety about std's. Otherwise using a method of barrier protection (ie. Condom or dental dam) during oral sex will significantly reduce your chances of getting an std. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Trichomonas is not known to be carried in the oral cavity, and not known to be transmitted by oral sex. This hasn't been carefully researched, so conceivably it is possible. But in my 40 years in the STD business, I have never seen a patient with trich whose only apparent exposure was oral-genital contact. In general, oral sex is much lower risk than vaginal or anal sex for all STDs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get trichomoniasis orally?
- Can i get trichomoniasis by oral sex?
- Can trichomoniasis be transmitted orally?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can u get herpes by giving oral sex?
- Can u get hepatitis b from oral?
- Can men get trichomoniasis?
- How can i get trichomoniasis?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free