Doctor insights on:
Can Trichomoniasis Increase Incidence Of Prostate Cancer In Men
Cancer is a new growth of any tissue with an ability to spread - metastasize - along blood vessels and lymphatic channels to near or far sites of the body with never-ending aggressiveness until the host succumbs to death by it or other related problems. Prostate cancer is one of them ranked as #2 cancer (after skin cancer) and & #2 cancer death (after lung cancer). 1 in 6-7 men in ...Read more
What to do if I have read that HPV can cause about 30 kinds of cancers. can it be a procuring cause of prostate cancer in men?
Not that we know of: I have had a great amount of research experience in prostate cancer and HPV. Prostate cancer actually happens to be one of the few cancers that we have a well defined causative timeline. Almost all cases are due to hormonal (testosterone) inducement. This is why treatment (may) entails testosterone suppression. Anyone claiming a role for HPV doesn't have consensus backing and should be doubted. ...Read more
...That is a measure of the risk of developing some new condition within a certain period of time. The incidence rate is the # of new cases per population that develop a disease over a period of time. So, in a population of 100, if 5 people develop the disease within 5 years, the incidence rate is 5% over 5 years. Compare to 'prevalence', which measures the total # ...Read more
The prostate is a gland that lies at the base of the bladder and surrounding a segment of urethra. It secretes a milky fluid that is discharged by excretory ducts into the urethra during the emission of semen. It is clinically important because enlargement of the prostate with age, and prostate cancer are two common ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Trichomoniasis incidence prostate cancer men
- What are the symptoms of prostate cancer in young men?
- How long can trichomoniasis lay dormant in men?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you expect in the final stages of metastasis lung and brain cancer?
- How long can you live with metastatic cancer of the bowels in the liver?
- Is a lump in my groin a symptom of prostate cancer?
- Can men get candidal infections in their prostate glands?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free