Doctor insights on:
Can Toxoplasmosis Infection In A Man Cause Birth Defects
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
What if preimplantation testing causes an infection and could it cause birth defects even if mother had nothing?
Possible yes: Intra - uterins infections can cause anomalies. ...Read more
33 weeks preg and I have a yeast infection! My doctor prescribed one pill of the Fluconazole! Read on Internet that can cause birth defects! True ?
Can chronic epididymitis from a resolved STD infection (std urinalysis clean post antibiotic) lead to birth defects when trying to conceive?
If a man is taking vicodin Zanaflex and nuerontin can it cause birth defects if my wife gets pregnant while im on this medicine ?
No.: There little to no evidence linking paternally ingested drugs to birth defects. The paternal contribution to birth defects had to do with age (more autosomal dominant rare but severe traits can manifest after de novo mutations in the spermatozoa) and family history and not generally with drug exposure. ...Read more
Stillbirth: Our biggest concern is that listeria infection in the expectant woman can cause death of her fetus. There have been cases traced to eating contaminated cheese and cold cuts. Please see my guide on what food to feed your family (and fetus); there are two answers and links to food safety there. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can sinus infection cause a strange smell in the nose?
- Can a urinary tract infection cause you to break out in a rash?
- Can a sinus infection cause you to have ringing in ears?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a yeast infection causes glands in the vagina to hurt?
- Can a bacterial infection in the spine cause numbness in the fingers?
- Can a sinus infection cause numbness in the face?
- Can a viral infection cause floating spots in the eyes?
- Talk to a pediatrician online