Doctor insights on:
Can Toothpaste Relieve Itchy Skin
Decrease drying: Decrease hot showers and strong soap or cleansers. Appplication of moisturizer to skin which is slightly moist helps. ...Read more
Skin irritation: Probably what is call contact dermatitis. This means skin irritation form contact. The wax could have caused this. Swelling is due to the the pulling. You should use a Shea butter based skin lotion and see if that works. If not try a 1% hydrocortisone cream, like Aveno for itch. If the swelling worsens, please see a doctor ...Read more
My daughter looks like she may have mild eczema with dry itchy skin. What lotion & bath wash can I use to help relieve the itching & add moisture?
Aveeno,cerave: Aveeno oatmeal is good for bath. For lotions cerave, or by prescription epiceram, hylatopic, or eletone. Oral supplementation with flaxseed or krill oil can add essential fattys acids to decrease eczema. Also recent studies show benefit of oral vitamin d. Lastly 50 per cnet of eczema patients can improve with probiotics. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Moisturizer: Using a good moisturizer to help the skin stay hydrated is the first step. Some patients like something like sarna sensitive, which has a topical anesthetic in it as well as moisturizers. If its severe, see a doctor, as several systemic diseases can present with uncontrollable itch. ...Read more
I have very dry,itchy skin(neck, groin) problem for past 2 year. Tried all creams/moisturizer butno relief. Any tips on change in lifestyle/food habit?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Relieving itchy skin after waxing
- Can a vitamin b 12 deficiency cause itchy skin?
- Use corn starch to relieve itchy skin rash
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can wine cause itchy skin?
- What can cause hair loss and muscle ache and itchy skin and produce rash?
- Can too much vitamin d cause itchy skin?
- Can dry skin cause itchy bumps?
- Talk to a dermatologist online