Doctor insights on:
Can Too Much Thyroid Medication Cause Hair Loss In Women
What causes hair loss and how can I fix it to grow an get thicker, besides dose increase of thyroid medication?
Hair loss, otherwise known as alopecia, can be caused by different reasons, including damage to the hair shaft or follicles or fungal infections. There are two main types of alopecia. Alopecia areata occurs when the body's immune system attacks hair follicles and causes hair to fall out. Androgenetic (or androgenic) alopecia, on the other hand, is an inherited form of hair loss. With alopecia areata, hair can fall out in patches all over the body. With androgenetic alopecia, hair on the head first thins and then falls out. In men, this is called male pattern hair loss; in women, it is called ...Read more
26, female, 5'5", 180lbs. Experiencing facial redness and hair loss. ANA negative. Thyroid normal. Vitamin D is 34ng/mL. Is this too low/the cause?
I had my thyroid removed and its been 3 years. I'm a female and i'm still experiencing hair loss. What can I do to reverse this?
See your doctor: It might not be the thyroid causing this anymore, especially if you are adequately replaced on thyroid pill. You might need lab testings to confirm this and to look for other causes. ...Read more
What kinds of health problems cause hair loss? Mine has been shedding for 3mths. I lost 47lbs since march. Thyroid is fine. When will it stop
CC: hair loss, itchy scalp, sore scalp. Irons fine, Vit D is low, Thyroid levels are high, what could cause my hair to be itchy, Sore and hair loss?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can too much iron cause hair loss?
- Can too much vitamin d cause hair weight loss?
- Can ingesting too much cinnamon cause hair loss?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Too much protein causes hair loss
- Symptoms of too much thyroid medication
- Telogen effluvium dramatic hair loss hyperthyroidism too much thyroid hormone
- Does low thyroid cause hair loss in women?
- Talk to a dermatologist online