Doctor insights on:
Can Too Much Thyroid Medication Cause Hair Loss In Women
Alopecia is the loss of hair. Hair loss can be caused by different reasons, including damage to the hair shaft or follicles. Fungal infections can also cause hair loss. There are two main types of alopecia. Alopecia areata occurs when the body's immune system attacks hair follicles and causes hair to fall out. Androgenetic alopecia, on the other hand, is an inherited form of hair loss. With alopecia areata, hair can fall out in patches all over the body. With androgenetic alopecia, hair on the head thins and falls out. In men, this is called male pattern hair loss; in women, it is called female diffuse hair loss. About 60% of people with androgenetic alopecia are men. Hair loss caused by ...Read more
What kinds of health problems cause hair loss? Mine has been shedding for 3mths. I lost 47lbs since march. Thyroid is fine. When will it stop
See 1 more doctor answer
Hair loss: In some instances hypothyroidism can cause allopecia or scalp hair loss. More often however, allopecia is an associated autoimmune disorder along with thyroid disorders like hashimotos disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Don't know.: Probably not. ...Read more
See 2 more doctor answers
Thyroid gland is also known as Thyroid. It is an endocrine gland which produces thyroxin hormone which controls the metabolism in every cell in the body.It produces 80 to 90%t4 and 10 to 20 %t3. These control rate of metabolism and affect the growth and rate of functions of many cells in the body it is ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can taking too much folic acid cause hair loss?
- Does low thyroid cause hair loss in women?
- Can ingesting too much cinnamon cause hair loss?
- Can too much vitamin d cause hair weight loss?
- Can too much iron cause hair loss?
- Can iron deficiency cause hair loss in women?
- Can too much salt cause pain in the joints numbness?
- What causes hair loss in women over 60?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free