Doctor insights on:
Can Too Much Thyroid Medication Cause Hair Loss In Women
What causes hair loss and how can I fix it to grow an get thicker, besides dose increase of thyroid medication?
Alopecia is the loss of hair. Hair loss can be caused by different reasons, including damage to the hair shaft or follicles. Fungal infections can also cause hair loss. There are two main types of alopecia. Alopecia areata occurs when the body's immune system attacks hair follicles and causes hair to fall out. Androgenetic alopecia, on the other hand, is an inherited form of hair loss. With alopecia areata, hair can fall out in patches all over the body. With androgenetic alopecia, hair on the head thins and falls out. In men, this is called male pattern hair loss; in women, it is called female diffuse hair loss. About 60% of people with androgenetic alopecia are men. Hair loss caused by ...Read more
26, female, 5'5", 180lbs. Experiencing facial redness and hair loss. ANA negative. Thyroid normal. Vitamin D is 34ng/mL. Is this too low/the cause?
What kinds of health problems cause hair loss? Mine has been shedding for 3mths. I lost 47lbs since march. Thyroid is fine. When will it stop
Don't know.: Probably not.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can taking too much folic acid cause hair loss?
- Does low thyroid cause hair loss in women?
- Can ingesting too much cinnamon cause hair loss?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can too much iron cause hair loss?
- Can iron deficiency cause hair loss in women?
- Can too much salt cause pain in the joints numbness?
- Telogen effluvium dramatic hair loss hyperthyroidism too much thyroid hormone
- Talk to a dermatologist online